2 medium eggs
50ml coconut milk
few drops of panda essence
50g pistachios ( blended in particles)
1. Preheat oven at 170C
2. Mix butter sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs and beat well.
3. sift in flour, mix well.
4. Add coconut milk, pistachios particles and drops of panda essence. Mix well.
5. Transfer mixture into cupcakes containers. Bake for 20 minutes.
This is the ‘trendy’ cake at the moment, so I decided to give it a go. Coping recipe from http://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/hummingbird-bakery-s-red-velvet-cupcakes
It came out really well, moist yet fluffy. The best cupcake I have made to date.
60g unsalted butter at room temperature
150g caster sugar
20g cocoa powder
40ml red food colouring
½ tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1½ tsp white vinegar
1 x 12-hole cupcake tray, lined with paper cases
For the frosting:
300g icing sugar, sifted
50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
125g cream cheese, cold
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Mix the butter and the sugar beat on medium speed until light and fluffy and well mixed. Turn the mixer up to high speed, slowly add the egg and beat until everything is well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, red food colouring and vanilla extract to make a very thick, dark paste. Add to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly until evenly combined and coloured. Turn the mixer down to slow speed and slowly pour in half the buttermilk.
4. Beat until well mixed, then add half the flour and beat until everything is well incorporated. Repeat this process until all the buttermilk and flour have been added. Scrape down the side of the bowl again. Turn the mixer up to high speed and beat until you have a smooth, even mixture. Turn the mixer down to low speed and add the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. Beat until well mixed, then turn up the speed again and beat for a couple more minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the frosting by beating the icing sugar the remaining 20g of the unsalted butter together in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed. Add the cream cheese in one go and beat it until it is completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least five minutes. Do not overbeat, as it can quickly become runny.
6. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely. When the cupcakes are cold, spoon the cream cheese frosting on top.
This chocolate cupcake I added pinch of cinnamon, and banana for more flavor, and few almond flakes for a bit of crunchy texture.
50g cocoa powder
2tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g melted butter
2 medium eggs
handful of almond flakes (optional)
1. Beat eggs with sugar until light yellow colour, slowly add in melted butter, bit by bit, and mix until all combine.
2. Sieve and mix in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa power.
3. Mix in milk, mix well.
4.transfer the mixture into cupcake paper cases.
5.Chopped banana into about 5-7mm thick, insert one into the cupcake, see picture.
6.Add almond flakes on top.
7. Bake in preheated oven 160C for 20-25 mins.
If you are running out of chocolate but craving for chocolate cake, this maybe a solution. Try this. Nutella! Yes Nutella! This is a simple and easy cupcake, you don’t even need a mixer. Just some gentle mix and stir would do.
3 medium eggs ( or 2 large eggs )
1tsb baking powder
1/2tsb bicarbonate of soda
50g cream cheese
30g ground almond ( optional )
1. Just mix everything together, use hand. Bake for 15-20 mins in 160C oven.
Interesting combination, this is a moderate recipe, justbfollow these steps an hiur later you will get mouth watering cupcakes!
A: mixed together melted by double-boiling, 90g cooking chocolate,125g butter, 1 tsp coffee essece, (optional few drops of baileys or any kind of coffee wines)
B: 65g brown sugar
2 large eggs
120g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
C: 150g cream cheese
50g condensed milk
1. Beat sugar abs eggs of ingredient B well, fold in flours. Add ingredient A, mix well.
2. Beat ingredient C until flufft, set aside.
3.spoon a littlr no.1 intobpaper cups, theb spoon in a little of no. 2. Alternate between the two different mixtures until it reaches three-quarters levrl of paper cups. Repear process.
4.Areange no.3 on a baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 150○C for 15-20minutes. Cool on a wire rack