Green tea swiss roll is ever popular. This is similar and with a twist, I added some hazelnut and healthy version filling.
10g green tea
1tps baking powder
5 medium eggs
60g cooking oil
75g fresh milk
1. Line baking paper on a cookie pan. Shift flour and green tea powder. Separate the egg yolks and whites. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
2. Whisk the egg whites lightly. Add sugar to the egg whites. Whisk constantly all the time until stiff peaks form.
3. On a separate bowl. Mix egg yolk bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy like a mayonnaise-like consistency.
4. Drizzle vegetable oil into the Step 3 egg yolk mixture bowl and stir well. Add milkr and stir well. Mix in the shifted dry ingredients.
5. Fold egg whites and mixture in step 4. Combine well.
6. Pour in the batter to the cookie pan and remove excess air by hitting the pan from the bottom several times. Bake in the oven at 375F/190C for 15-17 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. After baking, transfer the chiffon sponge with baking paper onto a cooling rack. After it cools down, cover with cling film to prevent drying (when you peel off the cling film you can remove the soggy surface stuck to the cling film at the same time).
8. For the filling, cream is the common choice. But I opted for natural yogurt with small pieces of pineapple. ( You can put whatever combination you like.)
9. When cool, roll the sponge by lifting up by the baking paper.
This chocolate cupcake I added pinch of cinnamon, and banana for more flavor, and few almond flakes for a bit of crunchy texture.
50g cocoa powder
2tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g melted butter
2 medium eggs
handful of almond flakes (optional)
1. Beat eggs with sugar until light yellow colour, slowly add in melted butter, bit by bit, and mix until all combine.
2. Sieve and mix in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa power.
3. Mix in milk, mix well.
4.transfer the mixture into cupcake paper cases.
5.Chopped banana into about 5-7mm thick, insert one into the cupcake, see picture.
6.Add almond flakes on top.
7. Bake in preheated oven 160C for 20-25 mins.
This is an easy mix all together cake, everyone can do!
1tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
handful of almond flakes
50g ground almond
120g sugar ( + 1tbsp honey)
205g butter (melted)
1. Mix all wet ingredient first, (eggs, sugar, butter)
2. Sieve and fold in ground almond, flour, finally almond flakes.
3. Bake in 170C preheat oven for 40 minutes. Then eat!
If you are running out of chocolate but craving for chocolate cake, this maybe a solution. Try this. Nutella! Yes Nutella! This is a simple and easy cupcake, you don’t even need a mixer. Just some gentle mix and stir would do.
3 medium eggs ( or 2 large eggs )
1tsb baking powder
1/2tsb bicarbonate of soda
50g cream cheese
30g ground almond ( optional )
1. Just mix everything together, use hand. Bake for 15-20 mins in 160C oven.
This is a simple, zinggie orange cake made with whole orange, yes whole orange! It is very refreshing, give it a try 🙂
1tbs baking powder
150g sugar ( you can increase to 170g )
1tbs cinnamon powder
1. Chop the orange into pieces including skins, blend it.
2. Beat butter and sugar for few minutes, add in orange in step 1, add the rest of the ingredient, mix well.
3. Bake in 160C oven for 40 minutes.
This isn’t something made from bee related or honey.
The name ‘bee’ is come from the cake’s texture. You will know when the cake is baked! (see picture)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup condensed milk
1. 1 cup sugar melted and caramelized, after caramelized, add a cup warm water and butter, mix well.
2. beat eggs, add condensed milk, beat well combine ( can just use beater )
3. sift in four, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
4. pour the mixture into greased cake tin. Bake in 170C for 50mins to an hour.
90g super fine flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 cup refined oil
1 tbs vanilla essence
30g cocoa powder
30g almond ground
1. Beat eggs until light and fluffy, add sugar and oil and brat again for few minutes, ass vanilla essence.
2. fold in flour, cocoa powder and ground almond.
3.Baked at preheated oven at 170C for 30 minutes.