To celebrate yet another year of tour de france, this cake’s decoration was based on the palaton. Despite the decoration, this moist lemon cake sandwich a thin layer of salted caramel cream gives this cake an additional taste of dimension.
100g butter (room temperature)
1 lemon ( juice and zest)
3 medium eggs
1. preheat oven at 170C
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. add eggs one by one.
4. combine the flour baking powder and milk, fold well.
5. Bake for 35 minutes.
6. When it is cold, decorate with butter cream.
These simple rich chocolate based cake with vanilla butter cream and a touch of salted caramel sauce are just easy to bake and yummy to eat 🙂
30g coaca powder
2 medium eggs
3/4tsp baking powder
1/4 bicarbonate of soda
1tsp vanilla extract
200g icing sugar
125g caster sugar
80ml double cream
1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix butter, sugar and eggs together.
2. Add in flour and chocolate powder. Finally add milk and mix well.
3. Spoon into the cupcake cases and bake in 170C preheated oven for 16-18 minutes.
1. Dissolve the sugar and 60ml water in a small pan.
2. Wait for few minutes but DO NOT STIR, as soon as it changes to a caramel colour and starts to thicken, remove immediately from the hear. Stand well back and add the cream.
1. Cream the butter and icing sugar for at least 5 minutes with an electric mixer and add the milk until combine.